This week, Admiral Recruitment celebrates its 25th birthday
Founded by Paula Rogers and Nick Dixon in 1995, the company has grown to become a market leader specialising in retail, commercial and hospitality recruitment in both permanent and temporary jobs in management and craft-level positions. Over the years, the company has placed over 138,000 candidates and counts WSH Group, ISS and Compass Group among its clients from business and industry, education, healthcare, facilities management, hotels, pubs, bars, restaurants and events companies. It has built a nation-wide coverage, with a focus on London and the Home Counties, with over 75,000 applications and registrations per year.
Although the anniversary comes in uncertain times for hospitality industry, Admiral is optimistic of its future and has launched a strategy to develop new markets and recruitment models. As part of its diversification plan, the company has set up a Retail and Beauty division. The new team specialises in permanent and temporary roles in high street and luxury retail, beauty retail, salons and clinics. This year, it has placed candidates with such prestigious and well-known names as Bvlgari, Kering Group, Hawes & Curtis and Lidl.
In 2020, Admiral Recruitment has had to adjust to the ‘new normal’, supporting its clients as they reopen their businesses. The company provides candidates who are fully compliant with DBS and Covid-19 guidelines. It is also a passionate supporter of the Kickstart Job scheme for apprentices and young people seeking employment, helping its clients to benefit from the programme, and employing apprentices in its own business.
Paula Rogers, the founder and CEO says: “Today I think of all the great people who have shared my journey over the past 25 years. I am incredibly grateful to my team and all those I have had an honour to work with. You are my purpose in this beautiful family business.
We have built our company with a firm belief that our work in recruitment is about connecting people, building relationships and placing brilliant people into the jobs that are right for them, where they feel inspired, happy and fulfilled. Our founding values of integrity, agility and compassion have never been more important than they are today, in the current ever-changing and uncertain employment landscape.
Recruitment with no glass ceiling, with no barrier to entry is our ethos, which we are rigorously living every day. We have always been and continue to be at your service. We are here for you – our clients, candidates and industry at large.”
ADMIRAL RECRUITMENT IN NUMBERS
- A family business, founded in 1995 by Paula Rogers and Nick Dixon
- Leader in retail, commercial and hospitality recruitment
- Over the years, conducted 276,000 interviews and placed 138,000 candidates into jobs
- The biggest single-day assignment – over 1,300 shifts for New Year’s Eve event at the Millennium Dome in 1999
- The biggest single contract – 7,000 shifts filled at the London Olympics
- Winner of The People Development of the Year category at the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s (REC) IRP Awards, 2019. The IRP awards celebrate professional excellence and the inspirational work carried out by the recruitment industry’s best companies
- Winner of Top 100 Women in Hospitality, Asian Business Awards, IIP Apprentice of the Year, 2018
- Finalist of the Recruitment Industry Entrepreneur of the Year’ category of the Recruiter Awards, 2019
- Over the years, Admiral has been supporting Children in Need, Hospitality Action and Springboard alongside the team’s personal and client charities.
Subscribe here for our latest news, tips and industry insightSubscribe