Admiral Recruitment is currently looking for a Quantitative Energy Analyst Role for a long established energy and utility consultancy providing services for commercial companies, housing providers, charities and local authorities.
- Start Date:
Our client is an intelligent utilities consultancy, helping business customers save money on their gas and electricity bills by finding them the best deals or helping them to be more energy efficient.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a growing organisation with the opportunity to further develop their career alongside an experienced manager.
The role will deal with market research and reporting, focusing on energy marketing modelling and forecasting.
Reporting into the Head of Trading and Risk Management and working closely with a team of Energy Analysts, the successful candidate should be a team player who is able to work to deadlines, prioritise workloads and work within a small team effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and improving on existing energy market models
- Supporting trading decisions with quantitative recommendations
- Carrying out quantitative market analysis, outlooks and forecasts
- Developing quantitative risk management tools and models
- Supporting the pricing team with fixed and flexible pricing tenders
- BSc or MSc in a numerical subject such as maths, engineering, economics, finance or business
- Team player
- High level of accuracy and attention for detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter who is motivated and proactive
- Open, friendly person who is keen to develop and has an enthusiastic approach
- Good organisational skills and prioritisation
- Act with honesty, integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out all responsibilities
- Experience in a quantitative/financial/modelling role is desirable but not essential
- Experience of trading or energy procurement is desirable but not essential